Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Year's Eve in Tokyo..

For the countdown I went to Roppongi district, close to Tokyo tower. After was Muse and sun rise in Diamond (Tokyo bay).

The New Year's Eve in Tokyo was, let’s say honestly, not the best one in my life..;) No fireworks, no real countdown.. almost nothing! My return flight was scheduled so early in order to see New Year's Eve in Japan. I expected like a huge countdown, fireworks... and there was just a little light show. It was so quiet.. Some friends warned me that is going to be like that but anyway I wanted to see New Year's Eve in Tokyo on my own. Somehow, it was worth to see something different, to feel Japanese culture in temple close to Tokyo tower;) In Poland around half an hour before countdown you feel like a third world war is going to begin. Tones of fireworks are fired by everybody after midnight.. ;)

      Half Vulcanus half Japanese..

       Tokyo tower at midnight..

 
      In Japanese tradition the most important is the first sun rise of a year.

      Me and the first sun rise in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment